As an avid baker, I am often asked about sugar-free cupcake recipes. Some people are interested because they are diabetic, and some just want to reduce their intake of white granulated sugar. Luckily, there's a new cookbook by Joanne Chang, Baking With Less Sugar: Recipes for Desserts Using Natural Sweeteners and Little-to-No White Sugar.
I rediscovered how much I love ricotta cheese when I bought some last weekend at the Farmer's Market. It is a versatile soft cheese that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. In fact, I have used ricotta along with cream cheese to make a rich and flavorful cupcake frosting. In the cookbook, there's a nice recipe for lemon ricotta cupcakes that uses honey instead of sugar.
Note: Unlike with most cupcake recipes, it is best to make the frosting at least four hours before the cupcake so that it can set.
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder